Director, Category Development (209)
Reporting to the EVP of Growth, the Director of Category Development (DCD) is accountable for driving top line sales and long term growth across all of our categories of services. This role spans across business development, marketing strategy, category insight, P&L ownership and ecommerce strategy responsibilities. The DCD is responsible to provide an engaging category user experience and match the demand Fiverr generates with a world class breadth of services across categories we have or should have. S/he is responsible to develop dedicated acquisition and retention strategies for buyers and sellers across the business categories. The DCD also drives market share and competitive analysis, category trends and performance, as well as a deep customer research (both buyer and seller) to inform the strategy of each key category. Lastly, the DCD is the bridge between the Product, Content, Acquisition and Retention teams and influences the execution of the campaigns, programs, features and strategies across those channels. The successful DCD is a strong general athlete. S/he is a leader who is highly results oriented, has deep analytical abilities and strong business acumen to drive the revenue and KPIs targets. S/he is able to stay focused even when dealing with ambiguity. S/he has proven management and prioritization skills (in order to eventually directly manage a team of Category Developers), has excellent oral and written communication as well as excellent relationship building skills. S/he is able to influence employees at all levels of organization. S/he loves diving deep and has a bias for action and delivering results. The role is based in NYC
- Act as a KPI owner for strategic indicators such as overall liquidity ratio (overall and by category), as well as all Sellers related KPIs (activity, earnings and retention)
- Possess and develop a strong understanding of the product category, market, and growth opportunities in order to develop a vision and then implement strategic and targeted action plans to achieve goals
- Ensure that Fiverr develops a leadership position in each of its key category that is defensible.
- Present short term and long term strategic category business plans and status reports to upper management semi-annually.
- Develop on-going qualitative and quantitative surveys with top sellers and top buyers of key categories to develop strong insights and inform prioritization
- Monitor weekly sales reports and conduct financial analysis in order to identify business opportunities and identify and close gaps in order to meet and exceed KPIs
- Locate and propose potential partnerships, sponsorships and business deals which can contribute to Fiverr’s growth, scale and/or efficiency; Explore new business models for categories
- Identify current trends by researching the online consumer web industry and related events, publications, and announcements
- Keep track of category lifecycles across the business and spot growth opportunities with categories that already exist or could be created.
PARTNER ACROSS THE ORGANIZATION
- Create the category calendar in alignment with corporate marketing and the catalog managers.
- Work closely with the Catalog team to assure alignment between category strategy and content and overall catalog strategy.
- Work closely with other members of the Growth team to effectively collaborate on promotions, and retention and acquisition strategies.
- Partner with Product Team to develop new features or product concepts specifically geared towards specific categories.
- Responsible to identify and drive BEST PRACTICES for each category across all the organization.
- Actively manage, mentor, and develop a team of Category Developers
- A strong background (7+ years) in Category Management or related business experience that demonstrates strong analytics, strategy development, project leadership skills and P&L responsibilities
- Experience displaying the ability to manage a category at both macro and micro level and an understanding of the impact it has on the organization as a whole.
- Experience with major online retailer, and/or online Marketplace experience is a big plus
- Experience in consulting or consumer product industries is required.
- Proven track records of building teams that are brilliant at execution and delivery.
- Experience in project management across functional teams with proven track record of improving capabilities across those teams
- Has worked with insight teams to define target customers and drive deep understanding of customer base throughout the organization
- Knowledge in web development processes - an advantage
- Proof of business-polished written and verbal communication
- Ability to communicate with high level senior executives.
- Self-motivated; Go get kind of personality.
- Academic Degree in Communication, Economics or similar. MBA – advantage
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a start-up like culture
- Great interpersonal skills
- Fiverr is offering its employees a great, global, working environment at one of the hottest startups. Employees will be provided with a competitive salary and employee benefits such as health, dental, vision care and the eligibility to participate in the Fiverr stock option plan.