is an optical machine-readable
representation of data relating to the object to which it is attached.
- Fast-selling items can be identified quickly and automatically reordered.
- Slow-selling items can be identified, preventing inventory build-up.
- The effects of merchandising changes can be monitored, allowing fast-moving, more profitable items to occupy the best space.
- Historical data can be used to predict seasonal fluctuations very accurately.
- Items may be repriced on the shelf to reflect both sale prices and price increases.