We now talk about optimising an entire webiste not just a single page for search engines.
I will write interactive content for humans which incorporates key SEO techniques.
Here's my six-step breakdown of how it works:
1) Think about your own online reading habits. Most often you are looking for something specific. I will think of the questions your visitors will ask, and answer those in your copy.
2) I will guide visitors to that specific information using clear, descriptive page titles and links.
3) I will use balanced language, not over-the-top sales pitches.
4) The Web content can be informal and professional at the same time. Writing informally is not dumbing down; it is writing so busy people can understand it.
5) Use short sentences, and keep it conversational. I will show that you are a person and that your organizstion includes people.
6) I don’t skimp on content. I give visitors the information they need—all the information they need.