I've made all the mistakes and learned the ropes. My staff of 10 handled all the details. I paid them 1.60 - 3.00 per hour for:
- Order Processing - when orders come in
- Customer Service - phone, email and chat
- Listing Products - 1000s in a day
- Dealing with Suppliers
- Listing Re-Writes
- Improving Systems and Processes
- Training new staff
- Managing the staff
- Numerous more....
- How can multiple staff work remotely on the same customer issue
- How do I locate the best value in staff
- Where can I find a limitless number of suppliers that drop ship
- What's the quickest way to list products
- How do I monitor staff who I'll never meet
The hottest sellers are the most competitive. Few sellers do well on these because there are always sellers selling them for less than you can purchase them.
I look for products that cannot be found within five miles of most homes. If people can drive to Walmart, they won't look for the same items on Amazon. My suppliers supply products that even specialty stores don't have because they don't have room for ten thousand products in their stores.
It's best if you have already started by setting up a Pro Account and run into issues you're not sure which way to go on. It's hard to give you specific answers if you haven't started. I would have to write a book for you and you still won't be any closer to earning a living.