- Rice is the staple food of Andhra Pradesh because rice is produce here in large quantity. Idli, dosa, vada and uttapam are made of rice and are mostly consumed with rice for daily diet. There are varieties in these also like there are sada dosa, masala dosa, rava dosa, Rava idli, masala idle etc.
Andhra food recipes are known for its spicy flavour. Andhra cooking is rich in spices. Some of the famous Andhra cuisines include biryani, pickles and chutneys and desserts.
- The Andhra food is basically vegetarian, which is eaten on a banana leaf.
- In the coastal region fish is eaten with rice.
- They make use of all the vegetables but brinjal, potatoes and tomatoes are quite popular.
- A lot of spices are produced in south region and hence Andhra food is rich in spices.
- They make use of cinnamon and black pepper.
- They are seasoned with a lot of herbs and the curry is served hot.
- Hydrabadi biryani is the specialty of hydrabad, which is seasoned with vegetable and meat.
- One can find the influence of Indian and mughal taste in the Andhra food. A lot of variety is available in biryani