What is AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)?
For many, reading on the mobile web is a slow, clunky and frustrating experience - but it doesn’t have to be that way. The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project is an open source initiative that embodies the vision that publishers can create mobile optimized content once and have it load instantly everywhere.
How AMP Works?
The following optimizations combined are the reason AMP pages are so fast they appear to load instantly:
- Allow only asynchronous scripts
- Size all resources statically
- Don’t let extension mechanisms block rendering
- All CSS must be inline and size-bound
- Font triggering must be efficient
- Minimize style recalculations
- Only run GPU-accelerated animations
- Prioritize resource loading
- Load pages in an instant
WHAT ARE THE AMP BENEFITS?
- Increase your visibility in the SERPs
- Decrease page load time and increase the conversion rate
- Increase visibility for publishers.
Let's get started!
You can cross check in mobile. You will see AMP text with symbol to prove your page is going to be AMP.
You can test your AMP page here >> https://search.google.com/search-console/amp