How does it work?
Minifying works by compressing your CSS files into their smallest form possible. The smaller your website assets, the faster it will load. We do this by performing the following...
- Remove white spaces, line breaks and indents
- Remove all empty declarations
- Remove extra semi-colons
- Replace RGB color values w/ short hexadecimal format
- Shorten hexadecimal colors (wherever possible)
- Strip all comments (including inline comments)
This is comparable to taking a boxy car and making it more aerodynamic (reducing the drag). Thus enabling it to travel faster!
Up to 15 uncompressed CSS files per gig