- Do find yourself hurting over a recent or past experience?
- Have you been hurt by a bad breakup, a rejection or other big disappointment?
- Do you go through phases where you can't seem to put the negative thoughts surrounding the experience out of your mind?
- Do you wish you could put it out of your mind? Or stop thinking about it as much?
I have an exercise that can help. A lot!
I will guide you through the process of writing a letter to your past self. Writing a letter to yourself at the moment in time before the bad experience happened can help you deal with the way you are being affected now.
The process of writing a letter to yourself:
- encourages you to acknowledge how the experience made you feel and how it continues to impact your life
- will help you get control of the issues you need to deal with
- will help you see that you have made progress in dealing with your pain
- gives you a proactive way to face your difficulties
When you buy the gig, I will send you an outline of exactly how to start thinking about your letter. I'll provide a list of resources and letters by others to help kick start your thinking, including a powerful letter I wrote to myself and published online.
Nope. I'm not a therapist, social worker or psychiatrist. If you're seeking a qualified mental health professional, I am not your gal. I'm a writer who has my own struggles and have used this technique to deal with my own problems. I've found it tremendously helpful!